Best Personal Finance Writing – Week 19

I finally have a weekend to breathe. But rather than take it easy, I’ll be going to my daughter’s soccer game, doing yard work, and otherwise catching up on some blog writing.

It’s getting to be that time of year when weekends start to feel like the work week. This only affirms my feelings that time is more valuable than money.

Last night the St. Louis Cardinals retired Tony La Russa’s Number 10, and it was nice to see all the baseball greats turn out to honor him. I still get goosebumps thinking about the 2011 World Series. Although the Cards weren’t able to get a win against the tough Braves last night, Carlos Beltran is looking good and I’m very encouraged for this season.

best personal finance writing

Carnivals we were included in for the past week are:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About John Miro

Writer. Blogger. Helper. Regular posts about debt freedom, intentional living, and personal finance, with some travel mixed in.
This entry was posted in Blogging and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Best Personal Finance Writing – Week 19

1. John, thanks for mentioning my post! Have some fun this weekend too.
    Kurt @ Money Counselor recently posted..Money Counselor Site TourMy Profile

2. Weekends always go by way too quickly for me too. I end up planning way too much and then getting tired and doing less than what I intended to do. Have fun at the soccer game and hope your wife has a great mother’s day!!!

Thanks for the link up, and I am actually including one of your posts in my PF Link Love tomorrow 🙂

Have a great weekend!
    From Shopping to Saving recently posted..Financial Lessons and Other Stuff I Learned From My MomMy Profile

3. Hey John, first time stopping by. Thanks for including the blog carnivals you were featured on, more pf blogs to be exposed too.

4. Modest Money says:

Thanks for the mention John. Be sure to find some time to relax during your busy weekend. I’m sure your daughter’s soccer game and the yard work will be enjoyable in their own way. At least it is a break away from office work and the computer.
    Modest Money recently posted..May 11th 2012 Blog UpdateMy Profile

5. Michelle says:

Thanks for the link love!
    Michelle recently posted..Have No RegretsMy Profile

6. Pingback: Money Counselor Tweets, Carnivals, & Round-ups—Week Ending 12 May 2012 | Money Counselor - Make Better Money Decisions

7. 2011 World Series game 6 – one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen. As a Braves fan, I’ll root for the Cards as long as they’re not playing the Braves.
    JW @ AllthingsFinance recently posted..Options Are Complicated For A ReasonMy Profile

• John says:

Thanks JW – I’d like to see the Braves battle the Cards this year. You guys sure put the hurt to us the past few games though!

8. Travis says:

So La Russa ‘s jersey number was retired. I hope that a slot in the Baseball Hall of Fame would come shortly.
    Travis recently posted..what are e cigarettesMy Profile

• John says:

I do as well – he certainly deserves it. I think we have to wait five years before he is eligible, but I see him as a first-ballot choice for sure.

Thanks for reading, Travis!

9. jefferson says:

We are big Cards fans here too, John.. And while it wasn’t the best weekend (we got swept)– I have been very encouraged by this season so far.. It is very early, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if we get to experience baseball in October once again..

Thanks for the mention!
    jefferson recently posted..Using Credit Cards and Paying Them Off Immediately…Too Dangerous?My Profile

10. Jason @ WSL says:

Too bad I didn’t just roll in dough and could buy us all Cardinals tickets when we have our meetup!

Thanks for the mention John!
    Jason @ WSL recently posted..Recipe: Meatless MeatloafMy Profile