Spring is officially here because baseball has kicked off. My St. Louis Cardinals shamed the Miami Marlins on opening day in their new funpark.
All around the league the starting pitching has been dominant, so I predict a great season. It’s also the first year of the new playoffs system, so we’ll see how that works out.
Do you guys follow Major League Baseball?
My daughter has started soccer for the year and I’m looking forward to that. She also discovered the public library (as did my wife), and she’s in heaven. “You mean I get to keep these books for two weeks then I can bring them back and get more?” It’s fun to watch her become a big kid at age 7.
In other news our Subscribing Pays $50 Cash Giveaway is coming along nicely. Thanks to everyone who has subscribed and helped promote the giveaway. We will have the drawing next week so STAY TUNED TO YOUR INBOX FOR THE LINK TO LEAVE AN ENTRY COMMENT.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, there’s still time…
BEST PERSONAL FINANCE (& LIFESTYLE) WRITING OF THE WEEK
- Karl at Cult of Money kicks off the baseball season by running his money plan through Spring Training, just like the players.
- Kevin at Invest is Wisely shares his rough ride getting started working for himself. I love personal stories, and this one is a good read.
- At Coffee and Warm Showers, a site I’ve recently discovered, Eric shares the 10 Life Mantras that helped change his life. Good stuff here.
- The Financial Blogger asks a great question: should we save money in our 20s?
- Wealth isn’t necessarily about money, and at Money Crashers, we learn 5 Ways to Feel Wealthy.
As usual I was featured in some carnivals this week:
- Carnival of MoneyPros at Financially Consumed
- Fin. Carnival for Young Adults at 20s Finances
- Carnival of Retirement at Tackling Our Debt
- Yakezie Carnival at 20s Finances
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at Step Away From The Mall
- Totally Money Blog Carnival at Thirty Six Months
- Festival of Frugality at Dewey’s Treehouse