This week’s edition, which usually comes on Friday, is happening today due to the Yakezie Blog Swap yesterday. Thanks to Simple Island Living for taking over my blog for a day, and for letting me do the same.
My Slow Carb Diet experiment continues to go well, and I’m still taking it to the next level by avoiding grains (even on my “cheat days”). Today is my cheat day so I’m going to get down on some ice cream, potatoes and french fries. I am feeling a lot better with more energy every day, and I’m no longer hungry between meals. Gotta love a diet with no calorie counting, portion control, and one day each week to eat everything you want.
Married (with Debt) was included in some recent carnivals:
- Yakezie Carnival at Steadfast Finances
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at Newlyweds on a Budget
- Totally Money at 20’s Finances
- Festival of Frugality at My Personal Finance Journey
- Canadian Finance Carnival at Canadian Finance Blog
- Carnival of Wealth at Control Your Cash
- Carnival of Financial Planning at Skilled Investor Blog
- Carnival of Retirement at Financial Success for Young Adults
Now, onto the best personal finance and lifestyle writing of the week…
- Financial Samurai has a great discussion as usual, this time on the upside of being average in the workplace.
- Untemplater tells us to forget Wheaties and instead gobble up problems for breakfast.
- Prairie Eco Thrifter has 10 Reasons Why You Are Broke.
- Digging Up and Out has an analysis of rising gas prices in her neck of the woods.
- Saving Advice has some tips on being content with what you have and not overspending on fun.
- Cult of Money has a discussion on reframing debates to get what you want, one of my favorite topics.
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff has some good personal finance lessons learned from her parents.